Westpac Presto Smart
Why choose Presto Smart?
Presto Smart is our new integrated payment solution, designed to make in-store payments easy by directly connecting a range of point of sale (POS) systems1 to your payment terminal — taking away the hassle of manually keying in transactions in to your payment terminal and speeding up sales at check out.
Presto Smart is a compact and lightweight EFTPOS terminal, letting you take payments anywhere in-store – on the counter or on the sales floor, giving you back time to do what you do best, running your business.
Take payments anywhere in store
Let customers pay at the counter, on the sales floor or at the table, split the bill with ease (POS dependent)
Fast payments, simple reconciliation & instant settlement2
No more manual typing of payment amounts in to your merchant terminal, fuss-free end-of-day reconciliation and immediate access to your funds with instant settlement.
Stable and reliable
On certain terminals, Presto Smart will automatically switch over to 3G3 should your main communication method drop out so you never miss a sale.
Easy to set up, easy to use
Presto Smart is easy to set up and get started and intuitive for you and your team to use.11 We also have you covered with 24/7, Australian-based technical support.
Presto Smart seamlessly connects to a range of POS solutions1, helping you to streamline payment processes for your business.
We’ve collaborated with Assembly Payments to power the connection with their integration software, and to create a more intuitive and streamlined payment solution than we’ve had before.
How it works
Presto Smart seamlessly integrates with a range of POS systems, saving you time at checkout, making in store payments fast and end of day reconciliations easier.
But this is only the beginning. Through Presto, we want to continue to improve our payments and cash flow solutions for Australian businesses. Our vision is to provide multi-channel payment capabilities which will allow merchants to view, settle and reconcile transactions – all on the one payment solution.
Things you should know
Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and conditions and apply. Full details are available on request.
^To be eligible for the Presto Pricing Plan you must hold and settle into a Westpac business transaction account in the same name as the Merchant Facility. Not available for use outside of the indirect tax zone. One terminal per Presto Pricing Plan, per Merchant and available for Presto products only.
1. The Point of Sale solutions are supplied by POS Providers, not Westpac. Westpac does not guarantee or endorse those products and any related services. You can find out if your POS is compatible with Presto Smart.
2. Westpac instant settlement functionality is not available between 9:30pm and 11:59pm (Sydney time) for all Presto Smart terminals. You can only settle a Westpac issued EFTPOS terminal once within a 24 hour period. Subject to system availability, settlement can take place 7 days a week. Settlement must be to a Westpac business transaction account. Instant settlement functionality is only available for Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions and excludes Union Pay.
3. Standalone mode allows you to process card payments even when the POS is not connected to your EFTPOS terminal.
4. Subject to Westpac approval.
5. Pre-authorisation functionality will be subject to scheme rules and enabled for eligible merchant category codes.
6. Changes to merchant pricing plans are effective from the following month.
7. Included value means the total maximum dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions that can be processed through your Merchant Facility per calendar month included in the Participation Fee. If the Included Value is exceeded in a calendar month, a 1.5% fee applies to the total dollar value of Visa, Mastercard and eftpos transactions processed that exceeds the Included Value. Other card types are not included in the Presto Smart Pricing Plans and are subject to separate pricing.
8. The Establishment Fee will be waived for successful application for a new Merchant Facility on a Presto Smart Pricing Plan. Eligibility criteria apply for a Merchant Facility and Presto Smart Pricing Plans. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
9. The monthly plan fee, currently $10 per month, for your Business One Low account will be waived for the first 12 months while you continue to hold and settle a Merchant Facility on a Merchant Pricing Plan. After the end of 12-month period, the standard monthly account fee (applicable at that time) will be applied. The Business One Low account must be in the same name as the Merchant Facility. This offer is not applicable for any other account type and for a single account per Merchant Pricing Plan only. All other account fees and charges apply. Where you do not hold a Business One Low account or cease to hold a Merchant Facility on a Presto Smart Pricing Plan, the monthly account fee will apply for the Business One Low account. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time.
10. You will receive $10 off the monthly Presto Smart Pricing Plan fee for the first 6 months if you apply/open before 30 September 2018. After the end of the 6 month period, the standard Presto Smart Pricing Plan fee (applicable at that time) will apply. We may withdraw or vary any benefit under this offer by providing you 30 days’ written (including electronic) notice. All other account fees and charges apply.
11. Subject to your POS and POS software version being compatible with Presto Smart.